Shaving hair on the legs, arms, and face is one of the crucial steps before getting a spray tan. The hair follicles can absorb the tanning solution and give an uneven color or produce streaks.
Shaving removes hair, allowing for a more even and natural-looking result. A shaved body will also allow for the spray tan to have a longer-lasting effect.
In addition, if you shave before getting a spray tan, you will avoid any bumps or irritation that can come with shaving after getting a spray tan.
Shave the areas you want to get a spray tan on at least 24 hours prior to getting a spray tan. You can shave your underarms, legs, and cleavage the day before your appointment and exfoliate with an oil-free body scrub or use an exfoliating glove. This will remove any dead skin cells and make sure that your spray tan spreads as evenly as possible.
Why shaving before spray tanning is important?
Shaving before sunless spray tanning is important for a number of reasons.
The first reason is that it removes any excess hair that could interfere with the spray tanning process and it leaves you feeling refreshed and smooth. It is also more sanitary to shave before getting a spray tan.
Secondly, when you shave your legs before getting a spray tan, you will have less chance of developing an infection. This is because shaving your legs before getting a spray tan can get rid of any bacteria that might be on them which could cause an infection.
Shaving tips before you get a spray tan
- Shave at least 24 hours before getting a spray tan
- Wash your skin thoroughly before shaving to remove any dirt or oils from the surface of the skin
- Shave in the direction of hair growth, not against it
- Use a sharp razor blade to avoid nicks and cuts on your skin
- Always use an after-shave lotion to protect your freshly shaven skin from irritation and ingrown hairs
Shaving After the Tan
The question often asked is can you shave your legs or arms after getting a spray tan?
Shaving hair on your legs or arms after spray tanning is not the best idea. Shaving can cause ingrown hairs which will show up on your skin as dark spots when it’s time to reveal your new look! Also, the tan will make the hair on your legs look darker and more noticeable.
If you have already tanned your skin, don’t worry! There are still ways to shave them without any problems.
If you want to shave your legs. It is better to wait for at least 8 – 10 hours to shave after getting a spray tan.
The first thing you should do is moisturize your skin with an oil-free lotion or moisturizer. This will make the shaving process easier and less painful. You can also use a razor with a moisturizing strip on it, which will give better results than using a regular razor blade.
Tips on how to avoid ingrown hairs post-shave:
- Use a moisturizer or shaving cream before shaving. This will help to lubricate the hair and make it easier for the razor blade to glide over your skin.
- Always use a sharp blade and change it when necessary.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth, not against it, and never in circles.
- After shaving, wash away any residue with cold water or an astringent like witch hazel or alcohol.
Shaving Your Legs For A Spray Tan
Good preparation is the key to a successful spray tan. It is important to shave the hair on your legs to get a natural-looking even bronzed skin.
- Shave your legs at least 24 hours before tanning! This will make sure that any hair is gone and it will help you avoid those ugly patches of hair on your tan.
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser, this will remove any oils or makeup on the skin’s surface and make it easier for the tanning solution to penetrate deep into the skin cells.
- Exfoliate your skin with a scrub or a loofah, this will get rid of dead cells and make it easier for the solution to penetrate further into the skin cells.
Although, instead of shaving, you can also remove hair on your legs with waxing. It will last longer and give you good spray tan results.
It must be clear by now that it is better to shave before getting a spray tan instead of after. It can give you better-looking bronzed skin with a perfect shade of spray tan.